Your business is our business. We believe in making your dreams and goals a reality, and we know just how to do that.
We're prepared to help you at any level, from impartial advice or practical assistance to help you make the most of every opportunity.
Arthur Lerman has been writing grant applications for non-profit organizations and contact proposals for for-profit organizations for over thirty years. He has secured well over $50 million in grants/contracts over that period of time from foundations and governmental agencies. He also has extensive experience in grant/contact administration having managed and ensured compliance with reporting requirements for over $100 million in awards.
· Secured development grants totaling $800,000 for a non-profit organization serving individuals with intellectual disabilities.
· Generated over $28 million in contract awards for a national management consulting firm including work to: integrate behavioral health services into San Francisco’s public health clinics; redesign the behavioral health system of the State of Oregon; and, develop a statewide information and referral system for senior services for the State of Louisiana.
· Prepared competitive bid proposals resulting in over $250,000 in contact awards to conduct environmental studies for the State of Maine including the development of the first set of comprehensive environmental regulations applied to new developments, a guide to protect agricultural lands, and beach and forestry management plans.
· Secured over $250,000 in grants for Sarasota and Manatee County non-profit organizations over the past four years from the following sources (partial list):
o Community Foundation of Sarasota County
o Fidelity Charitable Foundation
o Glad Tithing’s Foundation
o Gulf Coast Community Foundation
o Harold E Niles & Ruth M Niles Fund
o Home Instead Foundation - Give65
o Jelks Family Foundation
o Manatee Community Foundation
o Manatee County Aging Network
o MSC Foundation (Michael Saunders)
o National Christian Foundation
o Phil & Jean Wagner Dayton Foundation
o Rotary Club of Lakewood Ranch
o Sarasota County Aging Network
o Sarasota Kiwanis Foundation
o Senior Connection Center
o Syracuse Univ. Alumni Foundation
o Venice Golf & Country Club Foundation
o Venice/Nokomis Women's Club
Bay Isles Group has developed its own extensive database of potential sources of funding for non-profit organizations. This identifies local, regional and national foundations including type and size of awards, filing deadlines and grant application requirements. We are also familiar with the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) that includes 189,000 grant makers, the majority of which do not have websites and would otherwise be impossible to find.
At Bay Isles Group, we thrive on sharing our experience and knowledge to help you achieve success. Our track record proves that clear communication and expert collaboration will allow you to take your organization to the next level.
Arthur has been particularly effective over the years in growing organizations. He has a particular talent in connecting with organization staff and community leaders, identifying community needs, assessing organizational capabilities, and integrating ideas into realistic and implementable action plans.
· As executive director, transformed a Sarasota based non-profit organization on the verge of dissolution to one that is playing a significant role in meeting an essential need within the community. Grew the organization to an annual budget of over $550,000 and shifted a history of annual financial deficits to surpluses.
· As executive director, directed the growth, development, and day-to-day operations of an organization that provides services to children, adolescents and adults with intellectual, developmental and mental health challenges. Increased the annual budget from $400,000 with annual operating deficits to $12 million with operating surpluses while increasing staff from 20 to 400+ employees in six years. Gained recognition for high quality, pioneering programs
· As the Director of New Project Development for a real estate development company, assessed community needs, identified possible projects, evaluated financial feasibility, negotiated contracts and secured governmental approvals for a variety of long term care building and acquisition projects resulting in an increase in the company’s nursing home ownership from one to nine facilities in five years. This included the development of the first traumatic brain injury rehabilitation facility in Maine and a long term care facility specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease including multiple levels of care.
Sign up to stay informed.